So I baked a gluten free chocolate cake which I’m really pleased with! It tastes just as good as regular chocolate sponges I’ve baked in the past. I couldn’t tell that it was gluten free to be honest. I didn’t go by a recipe but just bunged a load of things in a bowl. I did note what I used, luckily!
This cake is gluten, nut and (could be) soya free, but do check the labels of any ingredients you use.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-30 minutes
100g unsalted butter
100g castor sugar (white)
2 medium eggs
2 table spoons GF dark cocoa powder
100g GF self raising flour
1 teaspoon GF baking powder
3 tablespoons semi skimmed milk
- Preheat oven to 190c/Gas Mark 5.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs in to the mixture.
- Fold in flour and baking powder and combine well.
- Add milk and mix well. It may be a little ‘sloppy’ but don’t be alarmed or add anymore flour!
- Pour mixture in to tin/s dependent on whether you’re making a sponge sandwich or loaf cake.
- Bake for 15-20 mins for sponge, 20-30 for loaf and until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Find This Site Helpful? Donate To Keep it Here:
Get real, helpful advice directly from another thyroid patient. Me!
I'm writing a book! Sign up to the updates list so you'll know when it's ready to purchase, here: http://book.theinvisiblehypothyroidism.com/
Join My Facebook Support Group for patients Thyroid Family: Hypothyroidism Advice & Support Group
Hypothyroid patients' other halves can join my seperate group called Hypothyroid Patients Other Halves – Support & Advice Group
Rachel, The Invisible Hypothyroidism