This deliciously creamy soup is surprisingly filling and easy to make.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 adults
1 finely chopped medium onion
500g of finely chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
1 vegetable stock cube (make sure it’s gluten free)
3 teaspoons of cornflour
Salt and pepper to season
150ml of single cream
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, constantly stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Boil a kettle and dissolve the stock cube in 600ml of boiling water.
- Stir the stock into the pan, add the parsley and then taste. Add salt and pepper to season. Go easy, though!
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 minutes, turning the heat down a bit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornflour and a tablespoon of cold water, adding a little more if you need to, then stir this in to the soup, cooking it for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in all the cream and then serve immediately.
- Eat on its own or with a gluten free bread role.
Find This Site Helpful? Donate To Keep it Here:
Get real, helpful advice directly from another thyroid patient. Me!
I'm writing a book! Sign up to the updates list so you'll know when it's ready to purchase, here: http://book.theinvisiblehypothyroidism.com/
Join My Facebook Support Group for patients Thyroid Family: Hypothyroidism Advice & Support Group
Hypothyroid patients' other halves can join my seperate group called Hypothyroid Patients Other Halves – Support & Advice Group
Rachel, The Invisible Hypothyroidism