With all the stress I’m feeling lately, I’m struggling to cope with life in general. Everything feels too much to juggle. I feel like a monster with my bad attitude and overemotional tendencies and I hate who I am right now. It’s only making my situation worse of course.
More info here.
I generally feel stressed at the littlest thing, and I have a thousand thoughts constantly racing through my mind at once. Basically, I’m struggling to deal with stressors like the average person. I believe my sex hormone imbalance and high cortisol are at fault for this. Stressors are piling up on top of each other, causing my motivation and concentration to suffer severely. I’m also ratty, irritable, anxious and feeling on edge. I’m over-thinking everything, assuming everyone hates me (with me being this way, who wouldn’t?!) and I feel like I’ve gone through a whole personality change.
With that in mind, I’ve made myself a list. I think I’ll print it out and stick it up at home somewhere. It’s a list of things I need to remember sometimes.
- Challenge yourself every day.
- Feel fulfilled every day.
- In the grand scheme of things, most things aren’t worth worrying about and compromising your health. Take a breather and let go.
- Live for today and this week. Stop worrying about the future. You never know what might happen. Enjoy today. Let go of irrational stresses/worries.
- Stop living for the weekend/holiday/annual leave. Find a way to enjoy every day.
- Stop putting yourself down. Start putting yourself first.
- Stop worrying about others when they don’t worry about you. Those who do care about you will make it obvious.
- Appreciate those who do make the effort, not the ones who don’t. Don’t get hang up on them. It won’t change anything and they won’t care anyway.
- You can’t help everyone. If they don’t want your help, don’t bother. They need to be wanting to help themselves, like you have done.
- Stop always expecting what you give, in return. This is unrealistic.
- Always have something you’re working towards. A goal, aim, ambition etc. Be constantly developing as an individual.
- You can overcome whatever obstacle you’re currently facing. You’ve already done so.
- Stop blaming other people for your misfortune. Focus on what you can do to change it. Resentment doesn’t solve anything. It’s pointless. Life isn’t
- Make more time for you – baths, self care, reading, less TV and phone time, baking and talking to Adam/friends (best in person!)
To get notified of all my posts, blogs and articles, like my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TheInvisibleHypothyroidism/
And follow me on Instagram.
I run a Facebook group, called Thyroid Family: Hypothyroidism Advice & Support Group. This group is for underactive thyroid/hypothyroidism patients only, and not medical professionals or anyone else. If you have any questions on living with hypothyroidism, or want some support, help or advice, please join us.
I also run a group for the spouses, partners and other halves of hypothyroid patients, called Hypothyroid Patients Other Halves – Support & Advice Group. This is for the other halves only and not patients.