So I baked a gluten free chocolate cake which I’m really pleased with! It tastes just as good as regular chocolate sponges I’ve baked in the past. I couldn’t tell that it was gluten free to be honest. I didn’t go by a recipe but just bunged a load of things in a bowl. I did note what I used, luckily!
This cake is gluten, nut and (could be) soya free, but do check the labels of any ingredients you use.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-30 minutes
100g unsalted butter
100g castor sugar (white)
2 medium eggs
2 table spoons GF dark cocoa powder
100g GF self raising flour
1 teaspoon GF baking powder
3 tablespoons semi skimmed milk
- Preheat oven to 190c/Gas Mark 5.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs in to the mixture.
- Fold in flour and baking powder and combine well.
- Add milk and mix well. It may be a little ‘sloppy’ but don’t be alarmed or add anymore flour!
- Pour mixture in to tin/s dependent on whether you’re making a sponge sandwich or loaf cake.
- Bake for 15-20 mins for sponge, 20-30 for loaf and until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
To get notified of all my posts, blogs and articles, like my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TheInvisibleHypothyroidism/
And follow me on Instagram.
I run a Facebook group, called Thyroid Family: Hypothyroidism Advice & Support Group. This group is for underactive thyroid/hypothyroidism patients only, and not medical professionals or anyone else. If you have any questions on living with hypothyroidism, or want some support, help or advice, please join us.
I also run a group for the spouses, partners and other halves of hypothyroid patients, called Hypothyroid Patients Other Halves – Support & Advice Group. This is for the other halves only and not patients.