So I baked a gluten free chocolate cake which I’m really pleased with! It tastes just as good as regular chocolate sponges I’ve baked in the past. I couldn’t tell that it was gluten free to be honest. I didn’t go by a recipe but just bunged a load of things in a bowl. I did note what I used, luckily!
This cake is gluten, nut and (could be) soya free, but do check the labels of any ingredients you use.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-30 minutes
100g unsalted butter
100g castor sugar (white)
2 medium eggs
2 table spoons GF dark cocoa powder
100g GF self raising flour
1 teaspoon GF baking powder
3 tablespoons semi skimmed milk
- Preheat oven to 190c/Gas Mark 5.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs in to the mixture.
- Fold in flour and baking powder and combine well.
- Add milk and mix well. It may be a little ‘sloppy’ but don’t be alarmed or add anymore flour!
- Pour mixture in to tin/s dependent on whether you’re making a sponge sandwich or loaf cake.
- Bake for 15-20 mins for sponge, 20-30 for loaf and until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Rachel, The Invisible Hypothyroidism
Sign up to The Invisible Hypothyroidism's newsletter
You'll get an easy to digest, relevant round up of thyroid news, advice and support to get you feeling better, once every two weeks.
Don’t stay feeling rubbish. Get better.
Join My Facebook Support Group for patients
Join My Facebook Support Group for patients Thyroid Family: Hypothyroidism Advice & Support Group
Hypothyroid patients' other halves can join my seperate group called Hypothyroid Patients Other Halves – Support & Advice Group