The below dates and events are listed here for ease, so that we have all the relevant events to hand, in which we can raise awareness of thyroid disease and various related topics.
(National) Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month
– Is always held in March. It’s often referred to as ‘National Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month’, focusing on the US, but I believe we should make it an international event, so I refer to it as simply Autoimmune Disease Awareness Month.
World Thyroid Day is always on the 25th May
Thyroid cancer awareness month
– Is always held in September
Invisible Illness Awareness Week
– It was from the 26th September – 2nd October in 2016
and should be similar in future years.
Thyroid UK‘s Thyroid Awareness Week.
– The charity Thyroid UK celebrate Thyroid Awareness Week in October
– It was from the 15th-21st October in 2016 and should be similar dates in future years.
If you believe I’ve missed any relevant awareness weeks/months/days etc. then please do let me know.
To get notified of all my posts, blogs and articles, like my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TheInvisibleHypothyroidism/
And follow me on Instagram.
I run a Facebook group, called Thyroid Family: Hypothyroidism Advice & Support Group. This group is for underactive thyroid/hypothyroidism patients only, and not medical professionals or anyone else. If you have any questions on living with hypothyroidism, or want some support, help or advice, please join us.
I also run a group for the spouses, partners and other halves of hypothyroid patients, called Hypothyroid Patients Other Halves – Support & Advice Group. This is for the other halves only and not patients.