This deliciously creamy soup is surprisingly filling and easy to make.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 adults
1 finely chopped medium onion
500g of finely chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
1 vegetable stock cube (make sure it’s gluten free)
3 teaspoons of cornflour
Salt and pepper to season
150ml of single cream
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, constantly stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Boil a kettle and dissolve the stock cube in 600ml of boiling water.
- Stir the stock into the pan, add the parsley and then taste. Add salt and pepper to season. Go easy, though!
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 minutes, turning the heat down a bit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornflour and a tablespoon of cold water, adding a little more if you need to, then stir this in to the soup, cooking it for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in all the cream and then serve immediately.
- Eat on its own or with a gluten free bread role.
If you found this article informative, useful, helpful or in other words are grateful you stumbled across it, please consider helping me keep The Invisible Hypothyroidism running, so that we can carry on building a strong community, spreading awareness and helping each other. Running the site comes at the expense of my personal time and money from my own pocket. You can make a one-off or monthly donation to support me keeping this website going, by clicking the button below.
To get notified of all my posts, blogs and articles, like my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TheInvisibleHypothyroidism/
And follow me on Instagram.
I run a Facebook group, called Thyroid Family: Hypothyroidism Advice & Support Group. This group is for underactive thyroid/hypothyroidism patients only, and not medical professionals or anyone else. If you have any questions on living with hypothyroidism, or want some support, help or advice, please join us.
I also run a group for the spouses, partners and other halves of hypothyroid patients, called Hypothyroid Patients Other Halves – Support & Advice Group. This is for the other halves only and not patients.