This deliciously creamy soup is surprisingly filling and easy to make.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 adults
1 finely chopped medium onion
500g of finely chopped mushrooms
1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
1 vegetable stock cube (make sure it’s gluten free)
3 teaspoons of cornflour
Salt and pepper to season
150ml of single cream
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, constantly stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Boil a kettle and dissolve the stock cube in 600ml of boiling water.
- Stir the stock into the pan, add the parsley and then taste. Add salt and pepper to season. Go easy, though!
- Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and gently simmer for 15 minutes, turning the heat down a bit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornflour and a tablespoon of cold water, adding a little more if you need to, then stir this in to the soup, cooking it for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in all the cream and then serve immediately.
- Eat on its own or with a gluten free bread role.
Rachel, The Invisible Hypothyroidism
Sign up to The Invisible Hypothyroidism's newsletter
You'll get an easy to digest, relevant round up of thyroid news, advice and support to get you feeling better, once every two weeks.
Don’t stay feeling rubbish. Get better.
Join My Facebook Support Group for patients
Join My Facebook Support Group for patients Thyroid Family: Hypothyroidism Advice & Support Group
Hypothyroid patients' other halves can join my seperate group called Hypothyroid Patients Other Halves – Support & Advice Group