Have you just been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid (also called hypothyroidism and thyroid disease) or are pretty sure you have it? Have you had it a long time and are now wanting to learn more about it? Do you still feel rubbish?
I’ve compiled the below links and info to introduce you to the most commonly asked questions for those just introduced to it.
There’s clearly a lot of links below, but I feel that all of these are essential reading to the newly diagnosed, or those with not much knowledge on hypothyroidism.
You could bookmark them, or this page, and come back to it whenever you have the time to read them.
- What is hypothyroidism?
- What’s Hashimoto’s? Do I have it?
- How do I manage/treat Hashimoto’s?
- How many of my symptoms are common among other underactive thyroid patients?
- What other conditions can hypothyroidism cause?
- What tests should my doctor be doing?
- Why should my doctor not just be testing TSH alone?
- Why should I get a print-out of my test results?
- What are ‘optimal’ results?
- What’s a conversion problem? Why is it common?
- What are the thyroid medication options?
- What supplements should I consider taking?
- What is NDT?
- Why is my hair falling out?
- Why is weight gain a common symptom with an underactive thyroid?
- Any tips for how to lose the weight I’ve gained?
- Any good books I should read on thyroid problems?
- Any Facebook support groups I can join?
- Why are the adrenal glands important?
- What is the endocrine system?
- Should I avoid any foods?
- How do I check for an enlarged thyroid gland or any abnormalities?
- What could any enlargement or abnormalities mean?
- Any self-help tips?
- Could I have a gluten sensitivity?
- Is my acid reflux, indigestion, heartburn etc. related?.
There’s lots of other helpful info on this site for you to check-out when you feel up to it, too.
To get notified of all my posts, blogs and articles, like my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TheInvisibleHypothyroidism/
I also run a Facebook group, simply called Underactive Thyroid Advice & Support Group. This group is for underactive thyroid patients only, and not medical professionals or anyone else. If you have any questions on dealing with hypothyroidism, or want some help and advice, please join us.